1. Role of Medical Surgical Nurses
- Assessing and monitoring patient conditions and vital signs
- Administering medications, treatments, and interventions as prescribed by physicians
- Providing education and support to patients and families on self-care and disease management
- Collaborating with other healthcare professionals to develop and implement care plans
- Documenting patient care and progress in medical records
- Advocating for patient rights and ensuring that ethical and legal standards are upheld
- Providing emotional support and comfort to patients and families
- Continuously evaluating and updating nursing practice based on current research and best practices
Masters in Critical Care Nursing
The College of Nursing Offers a 2 years full time Masters Degree Program. The Program focuses on sharpening the skills required for an educator, researcher, administrator through self directed learning, vast clinical exposure and evidence based practice.
We have a vast pool of talented and highly qualified teachers/faculties with a good students-teachers ratio.
The institute boasts of 100% placement to the students in major corporate and Municipal Hospitals , Factories and Health industry.
The institute strives to prepare the professionals by ensuring that each student is exposed to real case scenarios, field trips, demonstrations & return demonstrations & experience in major Hospitals.
Our College has registered student nursing council which is part of SNA (Student Nurses Association) that ensures a overall development of the students. Various competitions, programmes are organized to facilitate student development in areas such as literary, dramatics, art, sports, creativity , public speaking etc. The institute also provides soft skill development classes which are embedded in the curriculum. The students are also sponsored for attending and presenting in various state and National Level competitions and conferences
About this course
The program consists of various courses of study that are based on strong scientific foundations including evidenced based practice and the management of complex health systems. These are built upon the bachelor’s program in nursing. When authorized by the nursing regulatory council/s, state or national laws, they may prescribe drugs, medical equipment and therapies. The Nurse Practitioners in Critical Care when exercising prescriptive authority or drug administration as per institutional protocols, they are accountable for the competency in
a) Patient selection/admission into ICU and discharge
b) Problem identification through appropriate assessment
c) Selection/administration of medication or devices or therapies
d) Patients’ education for use of therapeutics
e) Knowledge of interactions of therapeutics, if any
f) Evaluation of outcomes
The best of the most experienced senior faculty in the grade of Professors and Asst. Professors in Nursing with M.Sc (N) qualification who are really helping them to practice the theoretical knowledge in the clinical settings. More emphasis will be made on bedside training rather than theoretical classes.