According to the honorable supreme court of India judgment, UGC regulations, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R medical University, The Indian Nursing council & The Tamil Nadu Nurses & Midwives Council have reiterated the ban on ragging of students in Educational Institutions. The students are informed very strictly not to involve in any kind of ragging.
Ragging is any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or an act in the form of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness of other student, indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension there of in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course & which has the effect of causing or generating sense of shame of embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
Punishment for participation in Ragging
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test /examination.
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institutions in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from hostel.
- Rustication from the institution for period ragging from 6 months to 02 years.
- Expulsion from the institutions & consequent debarring from admission to any other institutions.
- Fine of Rs. 25,000